SmartNosy RT (Resin Transformer) is an innovative Diagnostic and Prognostic service for monitoring the heath state of Resin Electrical Transformers (dry transformers).
For the first time, as a world novelty, Sea Marconi was able to supply the owners with resin transformers an asset and risk management tool that supports them in scheduling of downtime and maintenance activities, minimizing direct costs, indirect losses, and accidental failures.
The peculiarity of the SmartNosy is the ability to detect the distinctive “smell” emitted by the resin transformers in case of a defect or abnormal behavior. The volatile organic compounds – VOC (the smell) are trapped in special cartridges than dispatched to Sea Marconi’s lab for mass spectrometry analyses.
Interpretation of monitored data
The monitoring and interpretation of these key parameters can identify the onset of the following pathologies:
- resin overheating,
- corona discharge,
- mechanical defect or failures,
- overload or load imbalance.
SmartNosy must be installed near the resin transformer to be monitored; it can be placed both inside and outside the transformer room.
Installation is a quick and easy operation that can also be performed by unskilled personnel
Each SmartNosy communicates in real time with a web platform that is not only able to show the data collected in the field, but also offers a real tool for the management of resin transformers. In particular, from the web platform it is possible:
- view a summary index on the health of the individual transformer
- set and view notifications on relevant events (eg: alerts, alarms, thresholds exceeded, reminders)
- view the real-time data monitored by the sensors in the field on each transformer (eg.: temperature detected by the IR thermal camera, ambient temp., humidity, VOC (cluster), vibration, AC current)
- view the plate data of the monitored transformers
- upload documentation useful for asset management
- view the status of the adsorbent cartridges, with indication of the replacement for sending to the Sea Marconi laboratory
- view all the diagnostic reports, including the analytical results on the cartridges, with indication of the health of the transformer and suggested actions for an efficient asset management
- it is possible to load events connected to the equipment, for example maintenance events, faults, alarms, in order to have a complete maintenance diary always available